About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Friday, July 6, 2018

Celebrate National Fried Chicken Day

Hot Chicken Tenders from Tumble 22

Tumble 22 Location Behind Star Bar
Apparently, today is National Fried Chicken Day.  While I think many of these days are silly, I'm going to proceed henceforth with plans to honor fried chicken by eating at Tumble 22.  In case you haven't heard of this place, they serve up delicious chicken at varying levels of heat from "wimpy" to "fire in the hole".   I usually stick with "hot" or "mo' hot".  I've seen people eat fire in the hole (reputed to include ghost peppers) and the struggle has not looked pleasant.  As someone who enjoys a little heat but doesn't want to be in a contest with my food, I stick to the lower spicy levels.  

Generally speaking, the chicken is fried to plump and juicy perfection.  Get whatever heat level you prefer and you'll most likely be quite pleased.  If you need further endorsement: I can report that my brother-in-law, a Nashville resident who is a fan of Prince's Hot Chicken and Hattie B's Hot Chicken, also loves the hot chicken from Tumble 22.  

Go forth and enjoy fried chicken tonight.  Tumble 22 has a trailer behind Star Bar plus a brick and mortar on Burnet.  Also, keep at least some energy on reserve as tomorrow is National Dive Bar Day. 

No comments: