About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Friday, July 6, 2018

Pork Chop Friday Update

Pork Chop, at Its Finest

There isn't much more I can say about Perry's Pork Chop Friday ("PCF") special in downtown Austin.  If you live in Austin and are reading this, you've probably been there.  I used to be a frequent flier, though my love for beef has resulting in my becoming a patron of Lonesome Dove's Prime Rib Friday lunches

Every once and a while, I do make it back for the magic of PCF.  Last week we joined a friend (as well as fellow Floyd Real Estate agent) for pork and discovered a delicious new side (or at least, new to me). 

Asparagus at Perry's
I enjoy asparagus roasted or steamed.  It tastes great with a topping of chimichurri (a delightful side at ALC Steaks) or wrapped in bacon (because what doesn't taste great with bacon?).   But, I've never had it as good as I had it at Perry's last week: fried and smothered in lump crab meat.   I highly recommend this as a side to your massive (and value priced) pork chop at PCF.

I looked up the nutritional data on the fried asparagus.  You should not (note the absence of a link).  Instead, have a dish with salmon and non-fried vegetables (e.g. the Caesar with jerk salmon at Zax's is good) on Thursday then on Friday head over to Perry's ready to indulge.  


No comments: