About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Flashback to New Mexico

On Top of Wheeler Peak, the Highest Point in NM

I'm currently sitting in my home office in Austin; however, Facebook has been gleefully reminding me that two years ago I was camping and hiking in the Taos area.   That trip was a lot of fun.  After a quick flight to Albuquerque, we drove up to Taos and made a campsite along the road to Taos Ski Valley.   It was a nice site right along the Rio Hondo (too bad I can't packed fly fishing gear).   Our group had a great time hiking on Wheeler Peak, hiking to hot springs in the Rio Grande Gorge, and eating in Taos.   If possible, I'm road tripping back to the Taos area in the summer (this time, with fly fishing gear and possibly my mountain bike).

A note on the gorge:  I don't know what COVID-19 has done to the river rafting industry in northern New Mexico.  However, when you can, you should try out rafting the Rio Grange through the gorge on what is called the "Taos Box" run.  I did this a while back and it was fantastic.  I'd like to do this again, along with a trip down the Arkansas through the Royal Gorge and (of course) the eventual Grand Canyon rafting trip.


No comments: