About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Food: Butter. Wonderful, Delicious Butter



I don't usually get excited about buying butter, but I'll make an exception in this case.  The Lewis Road Creamery's garlic and chives butter is excellent (it's grass-fed and traditionally churned too, if you care about such things).  I ran across it last month while shopping for prime ribeyes on the Central Market website.   I thought it might be good tp melt some thick garlic and chive butter over the steaks while they were resting post-grilling.   My intuition was very correct and flavor expectations were exceeded.  Also, this stuff tastes great on bread, potatoes, and just about anything else which goes well with garlic butter.

I bought another unit of this butter in my most recent Central Market order.  It's in the the fridge waiting on a pair of grass-fed ribeyes slated to hit the grill soon.

[speaking of Central Market: grab some of their Hatch chile tortillas while they are in stock.  They taste great, especially wrapped around a sausage fresh off the grill.]


No comments: