About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Monday, September 20, 2021

Road Trips: Nashville


I recently drove to Nashville and back.  Here are a couple of points:

  • I'm happy to report that the I-40 bridge over the Mississippi River is open again.  
  • With the bridge up and functioning again, the trip is do-able as a 14 hour drive from Austin.  That's about the same amount of time as driving to Taos (a road trip I've made many times, the last time being in May).
  • Nashville hot chicken is good.  If you've never tried it, I strongly recommend getting some while visiting.  I've been to Prince's and Hattie B.'s.  The former is the famous progenitor of the concept (and when I went there was a long line); the latter has multiple locations around town and can be more easily procured.  
    • If you are in Austin, and you want to try hot chicken, Tumble 22 is excellent.  Their trailer behind Star Bar made me a fan not only of hot chicken but also of Duke's Mayonnaise.  
    • Unless you have a thing for painfully hot spices, stick with the mid-level of seasoning.  You'll enjoy the heat as well as the flavors of the spices and the chicken.  
    • There is a Hattie B.'s in Las Vegas, in the Cosmopolitan.
  • The Loveless Cafe is worth visiting.  I had a great breakfast there, and I'm still thinking about the biscuits w/ peach preserves.

I don't have much else to report, though I am considering going back to see a Predator's game at some point as well as to hit a few restaurants downtown.  

No comments: