About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Food: Steak Marinade


 

Last night I decided to grill outside (before the cold front).  In my possession were a couple of small (as in 2/3 lbs) grass-fed ribeyes from HEB.  I thought it would be fun to use a marinade I'd used before on similar cuts.  It turns out I was right.  Deliciously right.

Here's what I went with:

  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 balsamic vinegar
  • 2 cloves of crushed garlic
  • 2 tablespoons of dried rosemary
  • 2 tablespoons of ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon of salt
I marinaded the steaks in a bag for 8 hours (including 40 min).  Afterwards they were cooked medium rare on my grill.  I thought the result was excellent, as did my wife.  I served the steaks with crab cakes. 

While I didn't do it this time, for a future dinner I'll add in roasted new potatoes w/ rosemary and roasted asparagus.  Furthermore next time I plan to keep the garlic and add fresh rosemary (as opposed to the dried, bottle variety).  


No comments: