About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Events: Leadership Austin Emerge Kickoff Party

If you are interested in the Leadership Austin Emerge Program, then you should plan to hit Star Bar on 7/15 for the program's kickoff party. Leadership Austin staff and program alumni will be at the event in order to answer questions about the program and to explain the application process.

I'm an alumnus of the 2008 Emerge program as well as this year's Essential class. Both classes were quite different, but very cool. Emerge is the class that got me hooked on Leadership Austin. I met a lot of great young professionals in my class, as well as some very interesting instructors (e.g., Bijoy Goswami). I still draw on the lessons from the Emerge curriculum, and I still have regular contact with friends I met though the program.

I'm not going to spill the beans about what the class has to offer. I will tell you that if you're a young professional in Austin who's involved in the community and wants to take said involvement to a new level, then you need to attend the Emerge kickoff happy hour at Star Bar next Thursday, 7/15. And, if you can't join us next Thursday, then visit the Emerge information session on 8/10.

No comments: