About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Retro: The McDLT




















So, I was talking to the gf a couple of days ago and I made a reference to the McLean (as the linked ad explains: the 1980's McDonald's attempt at a healthy burger). While in this conversation, I mentioned the McDLT. I was horrified to find out that she didn't remember this amazing product. I then thought: what if in the way law school replaced my knowledge of Spanish with my less useful knowledge of torts and contracts, her law school experience replaced memories of a burger delivered in packaging designed to keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool with information about property and civil procedure? Aye Caramba! I knew it was time to remedy the situation, so I turned to the internet for help.

While searching for some links to the McDLT, I came across an ad for the burger which features Jason Alexander (aka George Castanza of Sienfeld dancing and singing a song about the McDLT. I lack the ability to appropriately describe this, so watch it for yourself: 1980's Jason Alexander McDLT ad

I'm glad that Mr. Alexender's success on Sienfeld means we will (probably) never again have to see him in a dance routine about McDonald's products.

Bonus: The McDLT didn't die because it wasn't delicious, but rather because McDonald's decided to discontinue Styrofoam packaging. Without the convenient Styrofoam packaging to fold over and thus easily form the burger with a piping hot patty and cool, crisp veggies, the McDLT was basically pointless.

No comments: