About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Events: Summer of Catalyst 8 Follow-Up



[photos (by me): SPEAK members enjoy a digital art display; Peligrosa All-Stars rock it on the Long Center's City Terrace]

Yeah... so I've apparently been on hiatus from this blog for a couple of months. I noticed that my old postings stopped with a promotion for the Catalyst 8: Digital Revolution Mash B4 Bash DJ Party. Thus, if you're wondering how it was: it was awesome.

Seriously, our featured DJs, The Peligrosa All-Stars rocked the crowd on the Long Center's City Terrace for hours with fun and interesting Latin infused music. I had a great time listening to them (and taking low light photos). Independence Brewing Co. provided beer for the event. I was especially fond of the Freestyle.

Anyway, the final event in the Summer of Catalyst 8 was the Bash 2010. The theme: Let's Get Digital. The event, which was held inside the Long Center, was fantastic. SPEAK (in a photo above) put on an excellent show with their indie synth-pop (and a few 80's tributes). I'd share some images, but my camera with the photos of the actual event disappeared while I was tailgating before the UT-Wyoming game.

The Bash was a success, and another element of Catalyst 8's program for raising money to support performing arts in Austin and to allow the Rollins Theater to truly realize its potential as a theater for all of Austin.

Stay tuned for information on upcoming Catalyst 8 events.