About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Food (in Nashville): Rotier's


[photo: front bar area at Rotier's; the grilled cheeseburger]

Last week, I was in Nashville for a conference. Acting on a tip from a friend, the gf and I decided to hit Rotier's on the way out of town.

This was a fantastic decision. If you love Hut's in Austin (or delicious burgers in general), then you will love this place. I arrived with high expectations (owing to rave reviews from my friend), all of of which were met.

Located at 2314 Elliston Place, Rotier's is right by Vanderbilt and Centennial Park. Open since 1945, it's become famous for it's delicious burgers and shakes. I didn't consider anything else on the relative large menu. Instead, I order the recommended "grilled" cheeseburger. And by grilled, I mean grilled and then served on Texas Toast with melted cheese. It was like an already awesome grilled cheese sandwich with a savory medium rare surprise inside. And the dessert shake: excellent, and a perfect consistency. I was smitten with the entire meal and experience.

If you are in Nashville and looking for something tasty, fun, casual, and local, then go to Rotier's.

[Note: I already knew the general vicinity of Rotier's, but Gowalla and it's link to Google maps helped me find the restaurant quickly. Gowalla has been coming in very handy as a travel aid. Generally speaking, Gowalla has become my favorite mobile social networking app for traveling.]

No comments: