About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Meta: Suspension of "Floyd Style" Food Recs

Bacon, cheese, and chili-burger. 

Magically Delicious Frito Pie @ The McDonald Obersavatory
So... I'm going to have to stop recommending things be ordered "Floyd Style" (for a while, anyway).  You see, a few weeks ago I joined Pure Austin gym and decided to splurge on a consultation with a nutritionist.  I just wanted to know what to eat in order to fuel my new found love of cycling and my training for some upcoming mountain trips. 

I highly recommend Laura the nutritionist.  She keeps winning awards for being a top nutritionist in Austin, I thought she was full of good advice.  Unfortunately, much of that advice seemed to frown upon my love of bacon, cheese, and red meat all on the same plate.  My love of chili-cheese enhancements also seemed to run counter to her advice.   And, since most "Floyd Style" recommendations consisted of replacing vegetables with bacon, mayo, queso, and/or chili, my use of said recommendations has been thrown into a quandary: i.e. there is no healthy version of "Floyd Style" and the old version appeared to be charting a course for an early grave (ok, that's overly dramatic, but it was causing me to hurl and/or run out of energy when trying to really push myself on one of my bikes).   Thus, you now see the reason for the suspension of the use of the term as it has traditionally been applied.

But, there is an upside.  It turns out that amping up the fruits, lean proteins, and healthy carbs has indeed resulted in me having an abundance of energy (which is what I've been looking for in order to fuel endurance for business and working out).  And, what's really nice about my new food scheme is that it involves eating all day.  The downside is that my monthly grocery trips have turned into weekly (or more) frequent errands.  Moreover, the late night trips to HEB have been replaced with trips to Whole Foods (which is much closer, but not open at crowd avoidance hours).

No comments: