About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Food: Lucky J's

Chicken and Waffle Wrap
Apparently, some things are meant to be together:  chocolate and peanut butter; Trinidad and Tobago; the Captain and Tennille; and now I have learned... fried chicken and waffles.  Thankfully, Lucky J's is in Austin to take care of fulfilling this magical culinary niche which (to my knowledge) was hitherto ignored in our fine city. 



Lucky J's has been around for a couple of years, but the Burnet Road location I visited is relatively recent.  They've taken over the former location of The Sandwich Joint.  I was called there by my friend Scott, who was concerned that I'd never experienced the magic of chicken and waffles together.  His concerned was well placed, as it was a delicious combination.  Moreover, the addition of Swiss cheese and bacon really pushed the meal over the top.  It was very good.  I'll be back (but, in deference to my new found interest in healthier eating, I won't be back for a week or so). 


It seemed like this would be an important post to follow the last one.   The suspension of "Floyd-Style" recommendations doesn't mean that my diet has become bland and uninspiring.  Moreover, it doesn't mean that I've given up on formerly beloved foods (and new combination of them) as much as I've added them into a more comprehensive portfolio of edible items.  And besides, Lucky J's has plenty of benefits.  As Scott says: "chicken for strength, waffles for speed!"  Go there, have a chicken and waffle wrap, and then try Scott's combo of syrup and hot sauce in order to add a little boost of flavor.

No comments: