About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Mobile: Motorola Bluetooth Headset




I've owned several Bluetooth headsets during the past few years (I'm prone to losing them), and the one which has consistently been my favorite has been the Motorola H710.  The reasons I like this model are:

  1. It uses an earhook, as opposed to having to be actually stuck into your ear. 
  2. The volume cranks up to high levels.  This is good, if your car is loud like my Passat.
  3. You turn it on my opening the little microphone boom.  This makes for a very unambigious on/off switch.
  4. People whom I've called can understand what I'm saying.
Anyway, I was in Best Buy over the weekend and I picked up a new headset.  Apparently, the H710 has been replaced by the H720 (which looks exactly the same).  Moveover, when I looked on the back of the box, Motorola listed these features as indicative of the H720's superiority:

  1. Power Flip (see #3 above)
  2. Lasting Comfort (see #1 above)
  3. No Need to Shout: Echo canceling and noise reduction... (see #4 above)
And, as a bonus (at least at the Best Buy @ 290/71 and MoPac), the Motorola H720 is on sale for $49.

No comments: