About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bars: One Week of DIVE Bar & Lounge

Late Night @ DIVE
[photo (by WDFloyd): Door to DIVE Bar & Lounge... taken after a long but fun day of SXSW shenanigans]

Last night marked the week anniversary of the soft opening of DIVE Bar & Lounge.  I've been by four times during the past week, and it's quickly become a favorite hangout amongst a group of my friends.

The highlight of my visits to DIVE would have to be the Saturday night visit, when I sang an angry version of Devo's "Jerkin' Back and Forth" thanks to Karaoke Underground.

Furthermore, DIVE is joining the ranks of House Wine and The Tavern as one of my favorite meeting spots.  I stopped in a couple of nights ago to discuss progress of and plans for the project which is in the works from the leadership of the former Catalyst 8 organization.   I'm hoping to make DIVE into one of our Bar & Grill planning group's meeting places as well.  

DIVE is already cultivating a clientele.  I've noticed lawyers, lobbyists, and folks who look affiliated with the Capitol hanging out there on various nights.   Being a lawyer (and registered lobbyist) myself, I can't help but think of this as a positive development.  :)

Note: Speaking of Devo... I have tickets to see them on Sunday night at their ACL Presents performance.

No comments: