About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Food: ALC Steaks Wagyu Ribeye

16oz Wagyu Ribeye, with Asparagus for Health

 

As you may know, the Formula 1 was in Austin last weekend.  I have two friends with whom I attend the race every year, and part of our race weekend tradition is a visit to ALC Steaks.  Last time I had been to ALC was in June, and whilst there I enjoyed the 16oz wagyu steak (from Beeman Ranch) from the specials menu.  It was fantastic (the marbling in wagyu is intense); I liked it even better than the bone-in, dry-aged, grass-fed strip from 44 Farms.  Thus I was pleasantly surprised last Friday when the 16oz wagyu was still in the specials section.  Again I ordered it (see photo above) and again I was highly impressed.  

I don't know what the long term availability of this steak is, but if you are at ALC Steaks anytime soon I highly recommend that you try it.  It is every cent worth the $65.  

Also, I have a rule-of-thumb for steak: if they name the farm/ranch of origin on the menu, it is probably going to be good.  


View from the Turn 9 Grandstand





No comments: