About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bar & Grill: Double Feature

Scene From Dress Rehearsal of Act II, Bar & Grill: Double Feature
(Photo by Dave Floyd)


Thanks to our sponsors and our audience for supporting the Austin Young Lawyers' Association production of Bar & Grill: Double Feature.  It's done and it was fun.  I especially enjoyed performing in The State Theatre.  In previous shows, I have been in The Paramount Theatre and in The Long Center's Rollins Theatre.  Thus far, The State Theatre has been my favorite venue in which to appear (good size for the production along with the historic aspect and location).

This year, I appeared as three different characters: (1) Don Draper, (2) Sonny Crockett, and (3) Ron Paul.  This is a departure from last year, when I was a parody of Finn from Glee throughout the entire show (our parody version was called "Plea" and ironically I can't stand the actual TV show Glee).   The year before I essentially played myself (if I were a partner at a large Austin firm and not the CEO of Prism Risk Management).

I was able to get in a fair amount of  photography during act II of the show.  I'll be posting photos as soon as I get a few selected and edited.   I attempted to shoot some behind the scenes video, but my camera set-up was not conducive to the low light backstage.  My friend and fellow cast member David Wells, however, got a lot of footage on one of his video cameras.

I had a great time doing the show.  I'm already making plans for writing for next year's production.

Bar & Grill is a fundraiser for the AYLA Foundation, the charitable arm of the Austin Young Lawyer's Association.