About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Food: Brunch and Bacon

Two weeks ago, I wrote a post about the rapturous experience that is eating Niman Ranch bacon. This morning, I had a post Bar & Grill brunch at Paggi House.  My experience on October 30th was no fluke.  The Niman Ranch bacon is indeed as awesome as I experienced last time.  Also, Paggi House serves up some tasty pork loin in the brunch line.  The only item I've had at the Paggi House brunch which proved to be disappointing has been the chicken and waffles.  While the waffles were good, the chicken was a section of dark meat which contained too much bone.  Not good for me, but good for someone who's in to that sort of thing.  The chicken and waffles served at Lucky J's are more my speed.

Lately, I've been sampling bacon at a few different restaurants.  Friday night, I tried the bacon at Roaring Fork on Congress Ave.  It was thin sliced, wide, and apparently low in fat content.  The outside edge was coated with pepper which kind of overwhelmed the bacon flavor, and the meat was tougher than I expected  Also, I found there to be an aftertaste which reminded me of beef jerky.