About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Food: Pork and Bacon

Last evening, we had some friends from Towers Watson in town to discuss the Texas Schools Property & Casualty Cooperative and Oklahoma Schools Property & Casualty Coopertative programs which Prism Risk Management operates.   I decided that a post meeting trip to the Roaring Fork was in order.

I went to the Roaring Fork expecting to order a steak.  Thus, while I was tempted by several menu items, I stayed on mission and went with a 22oz cowboy cut ribeye (with shrimp and smashed yukon potatoes on the side).  While a little tough in the center, the outside portion of the ribeye was tender, well marbled, and very flavorful.  The potatoes were tasty as well.

What temped me, and what will draw me back to the Roaring Fork, was the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin.  Talk about an awesome marriage of pork products.  The gf ordered this, and her report was that the pork and bacon combo was exceptionally good.  I would hope so, as the thought of delicious bacon infusing it's goodness into a cut of port tenderloin is making me exceptionally hungry as I write this post.  Furthermore, just last week I was imagining the combination of pork chops and bacon as I ate at the Texas Chili Parlor.  The gf isn't as bacon obsessed as I am, so if she raved about the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, then it has to be quite good.

I'll be making a return trip to the Roaring Fork, as well as a trip to the Shoal Creek Saloon for what is rumored to be an excellent pork chop.