About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Outdoor: Mountain Unicycle


I saw this guy in the Barton Creek Greenbelt and asked if I could film him.  It was only the second time that I'd seen someone actually riding a unicycle on a trail.  Fortunately, I was hiking in the Greenbelt looking for some places to shoot video segments and I happened to have my camcorder handy.

Riding a unicycle looks difficult under the best of circumstances.  Moreover, the portion of the trail featured in the above video can be difficult to traverse on a mountain bike; I would have been skeptical of anyone's claims to be about to ride a unicycle through this stretch.  Thus,  I was pleased to be able to shoot a video of a mountain unicycle in action.

Otherwise, I think my amigos would have thought I was making this up.  ha ha ha

Note: If you're curious about the equipment, I shot this clip on a Canon Vixia MF M30 camcorder and turned it into a YouTube upload on iMovie.  I bought the camcorder at Precision Camera in Austin.  As for the mountain unicycle, I have no idea what kind of unicycle is in the video.