About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Meta: German Viewers

Sign From Germany's Booth at 2011 SXSW Interactive
Fred the Dachshund in Barton Creek
For reasons Google Analytics has not yet helped me explain, this site experienced a large spike in visits a few days ago.  Most of them were from Germany.  Seeing as I don't post about Hasselhoff and I haven't recently posted about my dachshund or sausage, I can only assume that they were drawn here to find out what happens when one of their automotive products strikes an obese Texas raccoon.

Anyway, I'm not sure what drew the Germans in.  I sometimes have a spike in Russian viewers, which I attribute to me being confused with the Serbian DJ Dave Floyd.

Speaking of dachshunds: you may think that a long dog with absurdly short legs wouldn't enjoy hiking.  It is actually quite the contrary.  My dachshund, Fred, will hike 4-5 miles and still have plenty of energy to play fetch when he gets home.  That's impressive for a dog who's about six inches tall and is 11.5 years old.