About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Monday, March 22, 2021

Austin Bike Map

 


The weather was great yesterday, so I pulled the hybrid bike and took it for a spin around central Austin.  I have found that the next 2.5 months are typically good times for afternoon rides; after mid-June, I usually shift to nights and the occasional morning.   

If you are new to bicycling in Austin or looking for some new street routes, check out the interactive bicycling map from the city.   Routes are not only mapped out, but rated on levels of comfort/danger vis a vis traffic.   This is a useful map.  I used a previous version about 10 years ago when I started to ride again and wanted to find good routes for getting around town.  

If you are curious about the bike:  that's my Trek 7.3 hybrid/fitness bike from 2012.  I use it for cruising around downtown and central neighborhoods.  It's also good for errands and trips to bars/restaurants/etc.    I don't know how the current iteration of this bike is holding up, but I've been happy with the 2012 vintage.   

No comments: