About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Telephone Registration System TEX


Hearing the voice of TEX brings back some memories (e.g. "the class you selected is full, and all others like it are full").  We were still using this system when I went to UT in the 90's.   I recall having to buy a course guide book at the Coop, then charting out contingencies and backups for the inevitable situation wherein the class I wanted was full.  This was more of a problem at first, but things were much easier once I was able to register for upper division classes.  

I was elated when in law school registration was done by walking up to a desk and telling a person which classes I wanted.   

No comments: