About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Friday, February 28, 2020

Food: Crawfish


Crawfish boil season is upon us.  Here's a list of 7 places you can go for boils:  http://austin.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/02-27-20-best-crawfish-boils-austin-texas-restaurants-events-crawdads

Of the places on this list, Shoal Creek Saloon has been the one I typically visit if I feel the need to peel and eat crawfish tails.  Otherwise, I typically enjoy my crawfish tails pre-peeled and delivered in the form of étouffée.   Shoal Creek Saloon's étouffée is good, and I'd certainly recommend it.  Also, I recently had the snapper smothered in crawfish étouffée at Deckhand Oyster Bar (on South Lamar) and enjoyed it.

Speaking of crawfish not served via étouffée: Sushi Zushi's cajun rolls are tasty.

No comments: