About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Friday, February 14, 2020

Food: Easy Tiger Coming to South Lamar

Happy Valentines Day (for people in 78704 who love beer and/or bread):

At this point you may think I only crack open the laptop to write posts when I'm hungry.  Maybe that's true today.  I was already thinking about buying more bread when I saw the news that Easy Tiger is opening a new location on South Lamar (in the location of the former Red's Porch).  Previously, I had been buying their breads at Whole Foods (the whole wheat sourdough is my favorite).  I am happy to see that they will have a new store (and, of course, adjacent beer garden) more accessible to the 78704 area.  I do, however, suggest taking a rideshare, the 803 Metro Rapid, or carpooling to this new Easy Tiger at peak times.  The parking lot at Red's could be difficult.

By the way, I do suggest visiting their location on East 6th.  They have a delightful beer garden on a sublevel next to Waller Creek (it may in fact be the nicest thing on Waller Creek, with the UT Alumni Center coming in at #2).

Speaking of Red's Porch:  I did enjoy their Voodoo Pork Chop (it had some kind of soy sauce) and their Cajun burger (while it lasted on the menu).  I'm not sure where to replicate the former, but the latter can be approximated by the Hopdoddy Buffalo Bill burger.

[note: one day, photos will return]

No comments: