About WDFloyd

Dave Floyd is an attorney, real estate broker, and trivia host in Austin, Texas. He works with the Foskitt Law Office and is an owner of Floyd Real Estate. He was a candidate for Austin City Council in 2014 and lives in the Zilker Neighborhood.

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Food: Salt Traders

The Nashville Hot Shrimp Po'Boy

Last week I met a friend at Salt Traders Zilker location.  There are a few food items I've been meaning to recommend, but the above pictured sandwich was the actual catalyst for me writing the instant post.  If you know me personally, then you are probably already aware that I love Nashville hot chicken (enough to go to the home of hot chicken) and New Orleans style food (which encompasses the po'boy sandwich).  Thus, while I had rolled into Salt Traders planning to get grilled redfish I couldn't say no to the Nashville Hot Shrimp Po'Boy lunch special.

And special it was.  I easiest could have devoured another one.  The seasoning was spot on, reminding me of the hot chicken sandwich I enjoy from Tumble 22.  It was a perfect addition to the fried shrimp.

While the Nashville Hot Shrimp Po'Boy is officially a lunch special item, the waiter told me that it's often available.  He also said that it will probably find it's way to the permanent menu.  I hope so, as writing this post is already making me crave another one.

Also, writing this post has reminded me that I still need to post about my trip to Prince's Hot Chicken Shack in Nashville and my last New Orleans trip.

[pro-tip for the Zilker location of Salt Traders: get a reservation, and get one a little early as the parking lot tends to fill up.]

[pro-tip if your closing is at Capstone Title*:  go celebrate your sale or purchase at Salt Trader's.  Just don't order a Rum Around if you're driving.]

*I am a lawyer with The Foskitt Law Office- Fee Attorney for Capstone Title.

 

No comments: